Monday, February 05, 2007

More Dreams

First, I am pleased to reveal that Dag was the author of the first MLK adaption. Go show him some love.

Also, two more parodies have been submitted.

From SM:
With my apologies to Dr King.

I have a dream that someday, the MO son of an MO lawyer and the daughter of a UO kollel student with 12 siblings can marry without scandal.

I have a dream that one day a frum man can choose to spend his life dedicated to his learning without his wife’s parents asking why he can’t make a decent living from a proper job.

I have a dream that one day, a young frum woman's worth will be judged by the strength of her Middos and the power of her intelligence, not the job and earning power of the husband she has managed to acquire.

I have a dream that some day a man will be judged by the content of his character, not the color of his hat.

I have a dream that someday, even Bnei Akiva will accept that Zionism isn’t what defines you as a good person.

I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Jewish dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "Elo Velo Divrei Elokim Chaim."
From BSM
I have mamish a choloim that someday, epes soon, there will be no "BTs" for the sons and daughters of the frum to marry. Everyone will be-ezras Hash-em born frum and stay frum. Everyone else will have become frum or disappeared in some magaifo. As the posuk says "Vehoelilim koros yikoraisu, lesakain oilom bemalchus sha-ai, vechol benei bosor yikreu alecho...".

I have a dream that one day hashem will once again rain down the mon from shomayim and all benai torah will be able to be oisaik bedivrai Toiroh mamish all day and eat balanced meals.

I have a dream that one day there would be no more noshim to distract benei Toroh from the only true mitzvoh, limud Torah. Hash-m Y-sboroch will im-yirtzeh-H-sh-m find another way to make babies. The benai Toiroh will have mon to eat anyway.

I have a choloim that we takeh won't be "shoifet" a yungerman by color of his hat (they'll all be black), but by its "shtottiness".

I have a choloim that someday, even the Upper West Side - with its "Wink & Stare" and "BJ" - will become an "ir shekuloh chachomim", bimhairoh beyomeinu omein.

Ich zog aych meine chaveirim, that in spite of the tzorois and nisyoinos of this tkufoh, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the daas toiroh. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of the posuk: "Bayom hahoo yihyeh H----m echod ushmo echod"

No comments: