Friday, May 02, 2008

I honestly don't know what to make of this

Jewish blogger under threat

He sounds frightened. He sounds paranoid. He makes outrageous sounding accusations against the Israeli government. They killed Rabin, he suggests. And Kahana. They're at war with Torah, he says, and "the side of evil literally are killing people." Like who? I'm tempted to say this man is a loon. Off his rocker. A nut. And yet:
The Israel Internal Security Service, the Shabak, has interrogated me nightly, all night, every night, ALL WEEK, on the revolution that Breslov and the Tzaddik of Meah Shearim are setting up. The one called Moshiach and the Geulah. My house is literally being watched, my phone has literally been tapped. I've been grilled for hours and hours on ... prayer, tikun chazot, hisbodedut, the teachings of my rebbe, HaRav Shalom Arush, shlita, mikvah, and Moshiach and the Geulah. Hours and hours and hours on end of literal interrogation, yanked from my bed, pulled from my house in front of my children, night after night.
Does the Shin Bet waste time with nuts? Does the Shin Bet question people who are off their rockers? Are ordinary loons put under governemnt surveillance?

Something doesn't add up... and I honestly don't know what to make of it.

No comments: