Friday, October 24, 2008

Real Americans own 13 houses.

I found it funny when George W. Bush (millionaire son of a US president, grandson of a US senator) complained about the "elites"; now I find it just as funny listening to John S. McCain III (son of an Admiral, grandson of an Admiral, legacy admission to Annapolis, owner of 13 houses, and member of one of Arizona's wealthiest families) do the same:
"Well, in our nation's capital and New York City," McCain replied. "I've seen it. I've lived there. I know the town. I know -- I know what a lot of these elitists are. The ones that she never went to a cocktail party with in Georgetown. I'll be very frank with you. Who think that they can dictate what they believe to America rather than let Americans decide for themselves."
Also: How do we feel about McCain singling out as "elite" the two places attacked on 9/11? I don't like it.

No comments: