Thursday, October 16, 2008

TV or not TV, that is the question

A guest post by JS:

So my wife and I were by my in-laws for the first part of Succot*. On the drive home, we were listening to the debate on the radio. We both thought McCain was very aggressive and was really sticking it to Obama and putting Obama on the defensive. Finally, we both thought, McCain is going on the attack, this will definitely win him some points.

Then we got home with about 30 minutes left in the debate and we got to see the candidates on TV. Our opinion completely changed. McCain had a sarcastic grin on his face, looked overly smug, and just plain mean and nasty. It was a major turn off and led me to conclude that anyone seeing the debate would rate McCain very negatively for his facial expressions. Interestingly, I didn't hear any post-debate commentators mention this.

Thoughts? Another Kennedy-Nixon moment? Does the difference between radio and TV matter anymore?

* - To clarify for anyone still confused: I am a guy. I am married.

---------
Buy DB's book. (Like this blog, it's quite good)

No comments: