Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Rosh Hashana 2016


I feel like I gained 5 pounds and my head is swimming with synagogue music. On the one hand it's nice, and I am enjoying the buzz; on the other hand isn't this just about the cheapest form of spirituality?   

In other gashmius news I ate extremely well and for the most part enjoyed the 6.5 hr service for the and went home with my emotions elevated. This is because it feels nice to sit with your friends, listening to a high quality chazan, especially when you add in the cultural and historical significance. This is analogous to attending the opera, for those who like opera. Also, its nice sitting in shul with my sons. This is analogous to a long time Ranger fan sitting in the Garden with his kids during an important game.   

And how was your Rosh Hashana?
MENU HIGHLIGHTS

Canard au Miel
Moroccan Pot Roast with dried cherries
Grilled Pomegranate-Glazed Chicken With Tomato Salad

Search for more information about ### at4torah.com

No comments: